Multidisciplinary construction group Stefanutti Stocks participates in a broad range of concrete structure and infrastructure construction projects. In addition to constructing greenfield projects our Civils Discipline also offers particular expertise in the field of maintenance, structural concrete repair and rehabilitation.
We offer the mining, industrial, petrochemical, power, water, transport, and building sectors economical repair strategies and implement market-leading technologies to ensure that existing and aging infrastructure assets stay in service for their intended lifespan.
Our rehabilitation teams provide clients with a vast range of capabilities, catering for small, medium and large sized projects of various complexities – from epoxy crack injection to jacking and widening of bridge structures; from installing unique access systems to South Africa’s largest cooling towers and chimneys, through to carrying out extensive concrete repairs. We also undertake preventative maintenance and scheduled condition assessments that minimise the requirement for ad-hoc maintenance and keeps existing concrete infrastructure in working condition.
excellence in execution
Stefanutti Stocks Civils Discipline undertakes concrete repair, infrastructure rehabilitation and special projects across a broad spectrum of sectors, both in South Africa and abroad, including:
- Mining Infrastructure
- Mining and mineral processing (structural repairs to silos, carbon fibre strengthening and other abrasive/structural strengthening and protection coatings); and
- Material handling (concrete repairs, grouting and lining).
- Industrial Plants, Oil & Gas
- Power generation, transmission and distribution;
- Repairs and coating with minor civils in petrochemical plants;
- Heavy industrial plants (shut-down repairs, grouting, coatings and linings);
- Rehabilitation of safety related nuclear structures and construction of nuclear waste management facilities;
- Asbestos removal and management; and
- Chimney cleaning and maintenance/repairs.
- Water & Sanitation
- Structural repairs to plant and chambers;
- Reservoir, dam and intake repairs;
- Specialised coatings, liners and joint sealing; and
- Water proofing.
- Transport Infrastructure
- Widenings (road and bridge);
- Structural upgrades; and
- Erosion control.
- Commercial and retail buildings (coating, water proofing and repairs).
Concrete rehabilitation and infrastructure repair projects are frequently undertaken at brownfield sites where the impact of the rehabilitation work on ongoing production must be kept to a minimum. Our track record of working in live environments; addressing costly, complex needs with innovative, safe, simple and cost-effective solutions; and our continued successful project delivery has resulted in repeat business from many key clients.
Our rehabilitation, repair and maintenance services:
- Structural repairs and rehabilitation
- Repair of spalled and carbonated concrete;
- Treatment of reinforcing steel and cathodic protection systems;
- Crack injection;
- Application of protective coatings; and
- Installation of strengthening plates and carbon-fibre reinforcing strips and wraps; and
- Underwater construction and marine infrastructure maintenance.
- Bridge repair
- Bridge joint installation and repair;
- Bridge widening;
- Bridge jacking/bearing; and
- Specialised bridge access.
- Silo and storage structural repairs
- Concrete repairs;
- Liner installation;
- Internal rail replacements;
- External post tensioning; and
- High-strength gunite applications.
- Cooling tower rehabilitation
- Chimney repair/maintenance/inspections
- Flue cleaning;
- Flue inspections; and
- Specialised access for inspections.
- Coal bunker and staithes
- Water and sanitation infrastructure repairs
- Acid proofing;
- Flexible joint installation; and
- Waterproofing applications – polyurethane decking systems.
- Other specialist capabilities
- Concrete cutting and coring;
- Concrete demolition;
- Acid proofing;
- Flooring applications – epoxy coatings;
- Specialist and ordinary grouting; and
- Repair, rehabilitation, protection or aesthetic enhancement proposals utilising innovative materials.
- Value-adding services
- Structural condition assessments and reports;
- Critical structures investigation and monitoring programme;
- Structural forensic, maintenance schedule and implementation;
- Preventative maintenance plans;
- Tailor made access solutions;
- The provision of designs for, and execution of high access inspection and work platforms;
- Detailed planning and technical method statements, with temporary work design conducted in-house; and
- Shut-down planning and execution of projects under shut-down conditions.
Our experienced teams are equipped with specialist equipment such as grout mixers, grout pumps and epoxy injection equipment; guniting equipment; polyurethane application equipment; specialist high-access equipment; high pressure cleaning equipment; grit and shot blasting equipment; hydraulic lifting and jacking equipment; specialist bridge joint installation equipment; concrete coring and cutting equipment; main riding construction hoists; and airless sprayers.